One terrific feature on our app is the ESV audio version of the Bible. Continue your personal study of Acts by listening to the text.
You’ll find that Acts Week 20 also covers week 21 taking us through chapter 24:22. Spend time reviewing these Scriptures in chapters 21-24 by reading or listening to the text. Jot down the events that happen and each one’s time frame. Are these events random or is God directly involved reigning over each one? What purpose is being accomplished?
Back to School Party is Aug 27, 5-8 PM
Join the fun and come out Thursday evening to help throw a great party.
Memory Verse Challenge is coming up Aug 30. You find August’s verse on our church app for easy access.
‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’ Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone–an image made by man’s design and skill. In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead. Acts 17:28-31
Jesus told his disciples: Remember
what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. (John 15:20)
This week’s Bible study takes us to Acts 21 where the prophet Agabus predicts that Paul will be bound in Jerusalem and handed over to the Gentiles. Why does Paul willingly go to Jerusalem anyway? Find out in this week’s personal Bible study. Acts Week 20
As we look to the fall, please pray that we are fully open to how the Lord wants to work in us.
For the church to be all that God intends, it’s important that we foster community, using our spiritual gifts to build each other up. One way we do this is through Journey Groups. Journey Groups will be back into full swing late September. Please pray for the leaders and home hosts as they make preparations, and pray that most of our congregation will be able to participate.
Open and print this week’s personal Bible study: Acts Week 19. See what the Lord has to teach us about taking care of His church. Last week I (Sabrina) had a great experience doing some of the Bible study with my kids. Read more here.
Back to School Party – August 27. Please pray for:
- Kyle and Hannah who are heading up this event.
- Plenty of volunteer help.
- Volunteers to be blessed as they serve.
- The 800+ students, families, and staff who will attend.
- Beautiful weather.
- A great event for great impact.
Acts Week 18 Bible study. Open and print this week’s study. Continue to follow Paul’s travels as he proclaims the gospel everywhere he goes. You’ll learn much about the human condition and the need for a Savior through personal Bible study.
Back to School Party. We have a great opportunity to mingle with Wendler students, staff and families by hosting a fabulous ‘Back to School Party’ on Thursday, August 27, 5-8 PM. Let Kyle Wilson or Hannah Hooper know you’d like to help. We’re expecting over 800!
Consider the many opportunities that will grow your spirit and make a difference in others’ lives.
- Acts Week 17 Bible study. Open and print this week’s study. If you’d like to know the purpose of speaking in tongues, this study will give you a greater understanding. Learn for yourself about the Holy Spirit’s manifestation through these languages by doing personal Bible study.
- Chester Creek Park Ministry. Wednesday, 6-8:30 PM. This is the last week for summer park ministry.
- Prayer & Praise night concludes this Thursday, 6:30-7:30 PM in east Anchorage.
- VBS. Our kids are invited to join University Baptist Church August 2-6 for vacation Bible school. You can also volunteer.
- The Global Leadership Summit. August 6-7 in Eagle River. Don’t miss this world-class leadership event. Expect it to charge up your soul.
- Back to School Party. We have a great opportunity to mingle with Wendler students, staff and families by hosting a fabulous ‘Back to School Party’ on Thursday, August 27. Let Kyle Wilson or Hannah Hooper know you’d like to help.
- Acts Week 16. Last week in our personal Bible study we saw how the Bereans searched the Scriptures to see if Paul’s teaching lined up. They set a great example for us. The only way to really know God’s Word is through careful examination. This week you’ll study Paul’s speech in Athens and look more closely at God’s intent for all people no matter where and when they’ve lived. This draws us into a deeper understanding of our memory verse for this and next month.
- Chester Creek Park Ministry. Wednesday, 6-8:30 PM.
- Prayer & Praise Night. Thursday, 6:30-7:30 PM.
Memory Verse Challenge
Be prepared to say July’s memory verses Acts 17:24-27 this Sunday in any Bible version you prefer. We have great prizes for this challenge–Go Lite hydration packs from REI.
These are exciting times. Prayer is increasing, summer outreach is happening, and we’re learning more about God’s plan from the early church in the book of Acts.
Join us for Prayer & Praise Night on Thursdays 6:30-7:30PM.
Pray for Muslims to know Christ
We’re in the last week two weeks of Ramadan and praying for Muslims each day. Go to www.30daysprayer.com for prayer guide. Since this prayer movement started 23 years ago, more Muslims have been coming to Christ. Your prayers make a difference.
Pray for outreach ministries
Teams have gone out to Noorvik and interior Alaska to do VBS. The Chester Creek Park ministry is still underway and we’re leading the Alpha course for CPC clients and others over the next 8 weeks. (Alpha presents the gospel and answers questions about the Christian faith.) Ask the Lord of the harvest for many to come to Christ and for the Holy Spirit to work powerfully through his servants.
BIGGER Memory Verse Challenge
Acts 17 holds the hallmark passage on the essence of a Christian world view. It’s a passage we should all know well. Meditate on verses 24-27 this month and verses 28-31 in August. Challenge yourself to memorize it. You can find Acts 17:24-27 on our website and app. You can also find verse cards Sunday mornings on the end tables. This BIGGER challenge means a BIGGER prize!
Studying the Acts of the Apostles
This week’s personal Bible study covers the Jerusalem council and their deciding if the Mosaic law should still be observed. Open and print Acts Week 14. All previous weeks’ studies can be found on our website and app.
Prayer and Praise night starts this Thursday, July 2, 6:30-7:30 PM. Call or text 350-6307 for the street number. Due to road construction, take Tudor to Baxter and park at Baxter Bible Church.
Praying for Muslims to know Christ
Go to www.30daysprayer.com for prayer guide to pray for Muslims during Ramadan. Since this prayer movement started 23 years ago, more Muslims have been coming to Christ.
Studying the Acts of the Apostles
This week’s personal Bible study covers Barnabas and Saul’s first missionary journey. Open and print Acts Week 13. All previous weeks’ studies can be found on our website or app.
The Global Leadership Summit
The Summit will be viewed via satellite at Community Covenant Church in Eagle River on August 6 & 7. It is a world-class leadership training experience designed for anyone who has influence. As a partner church, you can attend for the significantly reduced price of $129. Register online at www.willowcreek.com/events/leadership. Select “Premier Host Site” and use priority code: 15GLSSPC.
- Chester Creek park ministry (going on now)
- Alpha Ministry (starting July 8)
- Noorvik VBS mission (July 6-13)
Working our way through Acts
This week’s personal Bible study covers Peter’s miraculous release from prison. Open and print Acts Week 12. All previous weeks’ studies can be found on our website or app.
Memory Verse Challenge this Sunday!
Be ready to say Acts 4:12: Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.
After 16 days of travel from Tennessee, Jason Ellis and his family have arrived in Anchorage. We are excited to begin a new chapter at Clear Water Church.
Please join us tomorrow as we welcome Jason and his family to Alaska and enjoy his debut as our worship pastor.